Most pregnant women suffer from bloating and increased gas production.Flatulence during pregnancy can cause discomfort and pain in the abdomen.
During pregnancy, hormones relax the muscles in the digestive tract.This slows down digestion and can cause excessive flatulence.The excess gas in the intestine leads to bloating, belching, heartburn, flatusu (flatus or simply farting), discomfort, pain in the abdomen, especially after eating.
foods that cause flatulence
Some foods may increase the flatulence, but it does not apply to all people (some products have no effect on flatulence).These products include:
- starches (such as pasta and potatoes);
- some fiber-rich foods (such as oat bran and beans);
- products that contain certain sugars (cabbage and cauliflower);
- dairy products (such as milk and cheese), especially characteristic of women who have trouble digesting these foods.
During pregnancy, it is desirable to limit the consumption of products that enhance the fermentation in the gut, and
How to reduce flatulence?
Flatulence - a phenomenon, it is adjusted and controlled.To learn how to control your condition, you need to:
1. Reduce the amount of air you swallow, for this:
- eat during the day in several small meals instead of two - three thorough sit down;
- not eat in a hurry, take your time, chew food thoroughly and do not talk during meals;
- not drink from the bottle and out of straws, drink in one gulp;
- reduce consumption of carbonated beverages;
- avoid chewing gum and candy;
2. Identify foods that increase your flatulence.For this purpose, you need to start a food diary.In it you will bring all foods eaten per day and record your gut reaction to them.
When you identify these products, reduce their use, but does not completely eliminate!As a rule, products such as cabbage, beans, potatoes, dairy products, and all of them together - part of a healthy diet!And to sit on a diet of a pregnant woman is not the right time!Reduce consumption of fried and fatty foods, which often leads to bloating.If a change in diet does not help, talk to your doctor.
3. Do not take medicines flatulence without consulting your doctor!Some even sold without a prescription, drugs can be very dangerous during pregnancy, and can cause substantial harm to you and your child.
When to see a doctor?
Contact your doctor immediately if:
- with flatulence you feel cramps similar to labor pains (if cramps come and go regularly, every 5 - 10 minutes);
- if bloating is accompanied by bloody stools, severe diarrhea (diarrhea), nausea and vomiting.
Basically, bloating during pregnancy - the phenomenon is not dangerous, but the appearance of the above symptoms can be a sign of a serious intestinal infection.Therefore, do not self-medicate, do not try to stop diarrhea diarrhea medicine, and urgent cause "fast"!