Back pain (especially in the lower back) during pregnancy is a very common problem among future mothers.It affects almost 60% of pregnant women.
There are three types of back pain directly related to pregnancy:
- lower back pain that occur at night when you're lying in bed (often leads to insomnia);
- back pain that occur when you are standing or sitting for a long time;
- pelvic pain accompanied by a feeling of pressure and gave in the buttocks.
causes of back pain
Pain in the back can be caused by the following reasons:
- increased load on the back, which is caused by the woman recruited for the additional weight of pregnancy;
- change in body position caused by a shift of center of gravity due to the increase of the abdomen;
- additional load on the muscles that support the spine.
Minor back pain in pregnant women - this is the norm, but severe pain - is always a cause for concern!
How to relieve the pain?
You can slightly reduce the pain by following these tips:
1. Watch your posture,
2. Wear comfortable, stable shoes with a low heel, and always with good arch support.Avoid wearing high heels, they can strain the muscles of the lower back.
3. Avoid heavy lifting, this can further increase the strain on the back.If you have something you need to pick up from the floor, sit down, bend your legs at the knees and keep your back straight.Do not bend over from a standing position.
4. Separate purchase of two packages.Carry the weight of two hands is much easier than pulling a heavy bag in one hand.
5. Avoid, if possible, standing on your feet for long periods of time.If you can not avoid this, place one foot on a stool or box.This will help ease the burden on his back.
6. Sit in a chair with good back support.Place a pillow under your lower back.
7. If you are too soft mattress, placing it on a board, to make it solid.Firm mattress provides better support than soft.
8. Sleep on your side rather than your back.Propped up by pillows, a pinch between his legs.Pillows help straighten the spine and provide additional support for the back.
9. Buy pants for pregnant women, who have a wide elastic band that supports the stomach.You can also purchase a special support bandage.
10. Make (or ask my husband) a light massage.Light rubbing the back the patient can bring considerable relief.
11. Some physical exercises can help to strengthen and stretch the back muscles, thus back pain during pregnancy is not so much to bother you.Exercise can also improve your posture and strengthen your abdominal muscles for childbirth.Talk to your doctor about what exercises are safe for you, and how long you can keep doing it during pregnancy.