Nosebleeds often tend to appear is during pregnancy.Pregnancy causes dilation of blood vessels, carpeted your nose, and increase blood flow to your body exerts more pressure on the thin blood vessels, causing them easy to break.Although it is unpleasant and uncomfortable, infrequent and minor bleeding from the nose during pregnancy, usually harmless.
you are most likely to notice nosebleeds when you have a cold, sinusitis or allergies, when drying of the nasal mucosa, which often happens in cold weather, when you are in a room with air conditioning, while flying on a plane, as well as in dry conditions.
Head injuries and certain diseases, such as hypertension (high blood pressure) or a violation of hemostasis (blood clotting), can also cause nosebleeds.
To prevent nosebleeds during pregnancy, try to perform the following preventive measures:
- Drink plenty of fluids to keep all of your mucous membranes well hydrated;
- Vysmarkivaytes gently and softly - aggressive blowin
- When sneeze, try to keep your mouth open;
- Avoid dry air, especially in winter or in dry climates - install a humidifier at home, do not overheat the room where spend the most time, ventilate the bedroom before going to bed.Also, stay away from irritants such as chemicals (eg, household chemicals), cigarette smoke (think about the dangers of passive smoking!), Smoke, etc .;
- Use ointment to prevent dryness of the nasal mucosa - some experts recommend the use of conventional petroleum jelly, others offer special ointment for the nose, water-based, are available for purchase without a prescription at pharmacies.Nasal solutions of the salt in the form of sprays, and drops, such as the "Saline" "Humor" "akvamaris", etc., can also help;
- not abuse drugs nasal sprays and nose drops (they are very annoying and dried mucous in the nose), as well as decongestants and antihistamines (allergy).It is best not to use them at all unless absolutely necessary, and prescribing physician.
How to stop bleeding from the nose?
If you suddenly started bleeding from the nose during pregnancy, sit down, raise your head as high as possible and tighten the bleeding nostril for 5-10 minutes.Use to control the time clock ten minutes - much longer than you think!
If bleed both nostrils, then using the thumb and index finger should be folded tight squeeze all the soft parts at the bottom of the nose and pressed them to his face.Do not let go for a second (out of curiosity to see if the bleeding has stopped) - you break coagulation (blood clotting), and bleeding resumes.
in stopping nosebleeds can help applying ice wrapped in a towel or handkerchief, because the cold constricts blood vessels.Instead of ice, you can take a piece of frozen meat or a package of frozen vegetables, in general - all that is in your freezer!Hold a cold compress on the nose up until the nostrils begin to pinch.Do not lie and do not throw back his head back from this in the end you just swallow the blood, which can cause nausea and even vomiting.
If the bleeding has not stopped after ten minutes of squeezing the nose or the imposition of a cold compress, keep doing the same thing for another ten minutes until bleeding is reduced or stopped completely.If the bleeding has not stopped after 20 minutes, you will need to go to the nearest hospital!
immediately go to the doctor if your nosebleed during pregnancy is caused by head trauma, even if minor bleeding!You will need a thorough medical examination.If you have nosebleeds occur frequently (every day, several times a day), it can be a symptom of a common disease that also requires medical examination!