Swaddling baby - is the art of tight wrapping baby in a diaper or blanket to keep warm and he could feel safe.
Swaddling will protect your child from "vskidyvaniem" - reflex popping legs or arms, which some children are afraid.Swaddling helps to keep the baby warm and maintain the required temperature of the body in the first few days of life, until his poor thermoregulation of the body.In addition, if the child is severely restless, that swaddling can calm him down.
If you are not yet released from the hospital, ask your midwife or pediatric nurse to teach you how to properly swaddle a baby.Before proceeding to swaddling a baby, make sure that it is not hungry, I do not zakakalsya and wet, and he does not want to sleep.
If you decide to swaddle your baby, for starters, make sure you do it correctly.Too tight wrap straightened legs and improper swaddling can damage the cartilage and soft hip joints loosen, and this leads to hip dysplasia (hip).
development of hip dysplasia - a relatively com
To prevent hip dysplasia, make sure when you swaddle that the bottom of the diaper or blanket is enough space for your child can bend his legs.
When your baby turns a month, you can stop to swaddle him to sleep so as not to affect its motion and development.If your child sleeps better, when you swaddle, you can continue to swaddle him further.As a rule, children who do not like diapering, report it to cry, cry and dryganem feet.
How to swaddle a baby?
To properly swaddle the baby, diapering enough to perform five simple steps:
- Put a blanket on a flat surface in a diamond and wrap it top corner on 10 - 15 cm, to form a straight edge.
- Put the baby back on the blanket so that the top of the blankets was at shoulder level.
- Lower the left hand down the child.Take a corner of the blanket next to his left hand, put it on the arm and chest, and tuck it under the right side of the child.
- Lower the right hand of the child, and the same with the right corner of the blanket, wrapped him in the left side of the baby.
- lower part of blankets lay on the child freely, so that he could pick up and bend both legs so that he could move his hips and breed in the side of the leg.
If you swaddle baby correctly, it will feel natural and comfortable.Some mothers even notice that swaddling baby helps relieve intestinal colic.