from intestinal colic suffer from 25 to 50% of children in the first three months of life, but most often it starts between the ages of three to six weeks.The appearance of the baby colic accompanied by violent weeping, at the time when the child is absolutely healthy, nourished and in a clean diaper.
course, all newborns and infants often cry in the first months of his life, but crying because of that tummy ache, it is difficult to confuse with something else!Pediatricians colic determined by the rule of "three threes»:
- child constantly crying for three hours;
- this lament is repeated at least three times a week;
- child often and long crying for three or more weeks in a row.
intestinal colic attacks occur suddenly, usually in the evening and after feeding.Most of the children at the time of the attack strongly cry, it is impossible to appease, they compress cams and wobbly legs to the tummy.
Each child colic lasts a different amount of time, but almost all children are tested after three
What causes colic?
the exact cause of colic has not yet been established.Some doctors believe that they are related to the immaturity of the digestive system or the child with food allergies.Others believe that the reason may be still developing nervous system and temperament of the child, resulting in overstimulation of the intestine.
But regardless of the cause, colic can make all parents feel helpless and guilty that they can not help their child.But do not worry, this is a temporary phenomenon, and it is not a sign of a serious health problem child.
How to deal with colic?
Every child is different, so you have to experiment to find the method that is most effective in order to calm the baby.
Here are some tips:
- try to create baby calm environment that mimics his life in the womb: a cozy, warm and soothing;
- not tight swaddle baby or muffle him in a blanket;
- rock the baby in her arms or in the crib;
- hold the baby in her arms in an upright position, so he went out excess gases from the stomach (this procedure should be carried out after each feeding);
- Put the baby on his tummy to his left flatus (to put it simply, the child should popukat), or place it on the back and push the knees bent legs to the tummy - the effect is the same - the kid will fart;
- some children calm repetitive sounds, such as the melody phone, washing machine or dishwasher, driving a car;
- try to place the child in a warm bath or put him on his tummy warm towel or heating pad, massage your tummy in a clockwise direction, give the baby a pacifier;
- give the kid any drug on the basis of simethicone, which reduces the amount of intestinal gas (for example, "Espumizan" or "Infacol"), but note that these funds bring only temporary relief, and soon the situation will be repeated again.
From my own experience I can say is that my children did not help either one means with simethicone.We are saved only bifidobacteria - "Bifiform baby."Two or three days - and we have forgotten what colicky baby !
If your child is a long time crying non-stop, or a cry goes to squeal in pain, if he stopped gaining weight, refuses to eat, he had a fever, or if symptoms of colic have gone beyond the age of three months, you should seek helpa pediatrician, as this may be a sign of serious health problems!