All the excitement associated with pregnancy and childbirth have been left behind, and your long-awaited baby is finally with you ... But there are new questions, such as how to grow the newborn baby and how to care for it.Let's look at how it will take place 1 week of life .
course, the first 3 - 4 days (or 5 - 7 days, if you caesarean) you will be in the hospital, where you will always come to the aid of experienced neonatologists and pediatric nurse.Try as much as possible during this time to ask them about everything that interests you.But, unfortunately, learn everything at once you do not get - a lot of questions will arise even after returning home.But do not worry - your maternal instinct necessarily tell you how to do!
While you're in the hospital, your baby will make the first of his life vaccinated - this is vaccination against viral hepatitis (usually done within the first 12 hours after birth).On the eve of the extract to make a second child should be vaccinated - BCG (against tube
If during this week your baby will lose about 10% of their birth weight, do not panic!This physiological loss of weight is considered normal, and is a consequence of the child's adaptation to life outside the womb.If the child is healthy, he quickly gain weight over the next month.
What will happen to the child?
On the third - the fourth day after the birth of baby skin should completely turn pink.If you notice that the skin began to peel off, do not panic - this is the norm!Lots oblazyaschey skin should be lubricated with baby lotion or nourishing milk.
Half of the newborn during the week develops physiological jaundice (yellowing of the skin).This condition is associated with increased levels of bilirubin in the blood, and normally it should disappear within a week.But if after a week of jaundice does not pass, then your child will need medical care.
In the first month the baby sleeps almost around the clock (about 19 - 20 hours).Doctors are five states in which there is a newborn baby:
- nap - a condition that occurs before diving into a shallow sleep and during breast - you may notice that the child is lying with half-closed eyes;
- shallow state of sleep - at this time of the child's ragged breath, palpitations, eyeballs under eyelids occasionally move ("shifty eyes"), the kid can "throw up" - jerking his arms and legs;
- state of deep sleep - at this time of the child's face and body are completely relaxed, his breathing slow and steady, his eyes closed;
- wake - time activity of the child, when his eyes were open, he moves the arms and legs, turns the head;
- crying - crying using child expresses his discomfort - either hunger or a dirty diaper, poor health, etc.(why the baby is crying, you can learn from our other article by following the link).
very important point this week is caring for the umbilical wound.Usually, by the time of discharge from the hospital, only a small percentage of children have time to fall the rest of pupovinki and umbilical wound heals completely.The majority of the children, it occurs in the seventh - fourteenth day.
In principle, any difficulties with the care of pupochke you should not have.Every morning and evening (after swimming), lubricate the wound with a solution of brilliant green (green diamond).This should be done before full healing wounds.
pediatricians recommend bathing children who have not yet healed navel, add water decoction of St. John's wort, calendula and chamomile, or a weak solution of potassium permanganate.Note that the temperature of the water in which you bathe the child, shall not exceed 37,5 ° C, and the duration of water treatment should be no more than 7 minutes.
If umbilical wound has not healed within 15 days, if it came from the spin-off, she flushed or swollen, you should show the child to the doctor (call it home).Provide child
constant ambient temperature (preferably 20 - 22 ° C), as newborn children do not cope with the regulators of the body, and are prone to overheating and overcooling.
For a long time after the birth of the child's vision is quite blurred.All children are born short-sighted, and your child can see things only when they are no further than 20 - 30 cm from his face.Therefore, your baby's face can only see when you hold it close to you.
What will happen to my mother?
After delivery, after 2 - 4 days, you will begin to arrive milk (before you feed your baby colostrum).Pouring mammary glands leads to feelings of "overflow" chest - stagnation, and can cause discomfort and fever.
Your breasts may become hot, hard, very sensitive, it can swell and even pulsate.Who is most important for you not to perceive breastfeeding as something painful, and not to abandon it!You need to be sure to establish lactation and to continue to feed the baby breast milk!
Discomfort from the tide of milk will gradually decrease, and your body will adjust to breastfeeding.In the meantime, the process of adaptation will take, try the following methods to reduce the discomfort and pain in the chest:
- Take a warm shower;
- Apply warm compresses on his chest before each feeding (eg, a washcloth soaked in hot water and wrung out) - it's not only relieve pain but also promotes a rush of milk.
- Decant a little milk from each breast before feeding the child.Too full breasts can make it difficult to capture the baby nipple, resulting in incorrect suckling the child and the mother nipple injury.
- Wear a special bra for nursing mothers.
- Feed your baby on his demand and not by the hour (usually in the first month of life, children eat every 1.5 - 3 hours).Do not give up nursing because of the pain - the more you feed, the more quickly adjusted lactation and stop aching chest.
- Drink a lot of fluids to avoid dehydration and to maintain milk production.
- After feeding, apply a cold compress to the chest.
If you have cracked nipples - buy a special cream that heals cracks (eg "Bepanten") and lubricate them nipples after each feeding.Often hold the chest in the open air - airing helps heal cracks.
Review your diet - if you are breast-feeding mom, then your diet should not be a product that can harm your child or upset his digestion.
first week of life - the most crucial, as early as next week, the baby will feel better able to extrauterine life.Therefore, only depends on you, how comfortable will feel a pipsqueak in the still strange for him the world!