Almost every woman before you start taking oral contraceptives, asks the question: "Is there any harm from birth control pills to her health?»
course, say that contraceptive pills are absolutelyharmless it would be wrong.As with any drug, from oral contraceptives (hereinafter - UK) has its side effects.But on the condition that you have no contraindications to receive them and that you will take them properly, the risk of any health problems associated with the reception OK, minimal.For a young, healthy, non-smoking women the appearance of side effects from birth control pills - a very rare phenomenon.
Let's briefly look at some of the problems that can cause combined oral contraceptives, that is, talk about the dangers of birth control pills :
1. If you have problems with coagulation (clotting) of blood, then taking the tablet, you 3-4 times increase the risk of health problems such as deep vein thrombosis, varicose veins, pulmonary embolism.If you have a tendency to thrombosis, you absol
2. If your age exceeds the mark of 35, you have a problem with being overweight (obesity), your family history of thrombosis or other violations of blood clotting, you're going to take a flight, or if in the near future youanticipated surgery, especially with prolonged postoperative period, then you should also give up the OK of the high risk of blood clots (thrombi).
3. If you smoke, taking a pill, you significantly increase the risk of heart attack, especially if you are older than 35 years.Women with other risk factors for cardiovascular disease such as high blood pressure and obesity are also at greater risk when they are on the pill.For healthy, non-smoking women with normal blood pressure is unlikely to be any harm from contraceptive pills .
4. You increase the risk of stroke if you are taking tablets and at the same time, smoke, have high blood pressure or you are suffering from severe headaches (migraine), especially if they are accompanied by flickering (so-called "flies" in front of the eyes), dizziness, loss of coordination, weakness, fainting, or speech disorders.
5. Some women who take OK, complain that the intake of pills they had problems with high blood pressure.To find out whether the pill causes this increase, you need to monitor your blood pressure over time for at least a 2-- 3-yoh months.After this, you will need to stop taking the tablets and see your pressure on the index - if the fault had high blood pressure pills exactly, the pressure must be gradually over several weeks to return to normal.
6. Taking the pill, you become more susceptible to diseases such as chlamydia, and become more vulnerable to HIV infection.Also reception OK can significantly increase the risk of benign tumors of the liver and jaundice.
Do birth control pills from the health benefits?
Yes there is, and quite large.And for the vast majority of healthy, non-smoking women, these benefits may outweigh the small risk of the above complications.So what are the advantages of birth control pills?
1. Most women after they started taking the pill, they noticed that they have decreased or even disappeared pain and menstrual symptoms of PMS (premenstrual syndrome).Furthermore, they are lighter and menstruation shorter than before receiving the oral contraceptive.
2. Women who take birth control pills lose less blood during menstruation, so they are less likely to develop iron deficiency anemia - a disease that is diagnosed in 20% of non-pregnant women and during pregnancy, this figure rises to at least double.In any case, we recall that the symptoms of iron deficiency anemia include fatigue, weakness and pale skin.
3. Women who take oral contraceptives are much less likely to develop ovarian cancer or endometrial (uterine lining), than those who had never taken the pill.And the longer you take OK - the lower the risk of these cancers (Moreover, such "protection" of the body is maintained up to 20 years after stopping the pills!).
4. Women who are diagnosed with endometriosis, noted reduction of pain in the pelvic region, as well as reducing the intensity of the other symptoms of endometriosis, when they take the pill.Of course, birth control pills do not cure endometriosis, but they can stop its progression.
5. Women taking birth control pills, it is rarely diagnosed cysts (benign disease) breast cancer.
6. use of oral contraceptives can lead to an increase in bone density, reduce excess body hair on the face and body (hirsutism manifestations), and also helps to get rid of acne (acne) on the face.
7. Since the mechanism of action of birth control pills is primarily aimed at the suppression of ovulation, oral contraceptives are effective in preventing not only the onset of normal, normal pregnancy, but also not allowed to develop an ectopic pregnancy.This makes the UC excellent means of contraception for women who are at particular risk of ectopic pregnancy.
8. Women who are approaching menopause, note that the pills reduced the frequency and intensity of the onset of "hot flashes."In addition, as we mentioned above, the pill increases bone density, which is especially important at this age.
As you can see, the benefits of oral contraceptives far outweigh the risk of harm contraceptive pills , but the final decision on choosing a method of contraception in any way for you.Just do not forget to consult your gynecologist!