From the moment you found out about the pregnancy, you will have to accept the idea that you certainly will type a few kilos!This weight gain is inevitable, and it is associated with the creation of the best conditions for your baby so that he grew and developed normally.To find out what the weight change is waiting just for you for the entire pregnancy, use our online calculator weight gain.
Weighing pregnancy - mandatory manipulation carried out each time you visit your gynecologist.Although this procedure is not as informative as the results of analyzes or measurement of pressure, yet it is no less necessary for monitoring the status of both the woman and her child.
To properly calculate the weight that a woman attains during pregnancy should be taken into account her BMI (body mass index), which was before pregnancy.
There are several features associated with BMI:
- if pre-pregnancy BMI of women stood at below 19.8 kg (ie underweight), then pick up a pregnant woman from 12.5 to 18 kg (us
- BMI before pregnancy if the woman was in the range of 19.8 to 26 kg (ie normal weight), then a pregnant woman pick up from 11.5 to 16 kg (on average - about 13 kg);
- if pre-pregnancy BMI of women was higher than 26 kg (ie, overweight), then pick up a pregnant woman from 7 to 11.5 kg (best of all - no more than 7.5 - 8 kg);
- women, aged less than 20 years, the maximum recommended weight gain according to BMI before pregnancy.
Excess weight during pregnancy
Many women who suffer from the presence of the extra kilos to pregnant interested in the question why during pregnancy they need to score as less weight.Let's try to answer this question.
significant weight gain during pregnancy greatly increases the risk of multiple pregnancy complications:
- gestational diabetes (diabetes of pregnancy);
- increase in blood pressure (blood pressure), which can lead to pre-eclampsia and hypertension during pregnancy;
- the birth of the baby is too large, which may lead to the need for an emergency cesarean section.
If you have a weight still exceeds the recommended norm, it does not mean you have to sit on a strict diet!Such a sharp change in power does not benefit you or your child.Low-calorie diet does not reduce the likelihood of either preeclampsia or high blood pressure or diabetes.The first thing to give up the food, which helps set of extra kilos and contains no nutrients, ie does not bring you any good - it is baking, pastry, candy, sweets, ice cream, etc.It is best to stick to a normal balanced diet, which will help you choose a qualified dietitian.If your doctor does not have such an out-patient department, you can turn to for advice on nutrition to your gynecologist or physician.
underweight during pregnancy
If you suffer from underweight and are not pregnant, you'd better wait a bit with conceiving a child and bring your weight to normal.Although it is worth noting that women with low birth weight is very difficult to get pregnant, as the lack of weight reduces the fertility and ovulation knocks.
If you are already pregnant, you have a very high risk of having a baby with low birth weight.Remember that underweight expectant mother does not represent anything good for the health of her child!Consult with experts in the field of nutrition, which can advise on the optimal diet during pregnancy.
control weight gain during pregnancy
To your weight does not exceed the permissible limits, you need to deliberately eat.Do not overeat, observe the daily diet (only reasonable!).There are certain rules of nutrition during pregnancy, which you can read in our articles devoted to the basic principles of a healthy diet during pregnancy.
pregnant woman on the day must be about 2500 kcal.Let's look at what food they contain and in what quantities:
- 35% of calories - found in dairy products (yogurt, cheese, butter), as well as in nuts and vegetable oils.If you have extra weight, you'd better reduce the content of these products in your diet.They should be replaced on the low-calorie yogurt and yogurt with low fat content.
- 10% of calories - found in protein foods (eggs, fish, meat, beans).
- 5% of calories - found in potatoes, pasta, bread, rice and cereals (wheat, corn, oat).
Whole grain foods are much healthier those who have passed additional processing.They help maintain a constant level of blood glucose and provide lasting satiety (that is, you are a long time after a meal do not feel hunger).
Sometimes, of course, you can afford a chocolate or a cake, but remember that your excess weight you gain during pregnancy, will not in itself will disappear and "please" eyes even after the birth of your baby!Dial kilograms - a piece of cake, but get rid of them (especially with small children) - not easy!
precisely in order to prevent weight gain and to control your weight gain is held weighing during pregnancy .