almost every woman, while under the supervision of a physician during pregnancy, at least once a procedure is held ultrasound.Since this kind of study is one of the most informative methods of monitoring the status of the fetus, it is recommended to pass on the trimester ultrasound in the following order:
ultrasound in the first trimester of pregnancy
held on dates up to twelve weeks.It allows you to:
- determine the presence of a normal pregnancy and to confirm its course, especially if a woman has a history of miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies;
- establish the exact gestational age, including in cases where the woman does not remember the date of her last menstrual period, or her menstrual cycle is not regular;
- quantify bear children, ie,find a singleton or multiple pregnancy;
- find out whether there is a child of any defects in development.This period can already be detected by such serious deviations as abnormal development of the skull or the absence of the spinal cord or brain (ane
- calculate the expected date of birth of the future.
ultrasound in the second trimester of pregnancy
conducted within the period up to twenty-eight weeks.Carrying out this procedure at this time is the most reliable way to assess the general condition and development of the fetus and to identify his birth defects.In the second trimester ultrasound plays a vital role in antenatal (prenatal) diagnosis, especially in cases where there is suspicion of irregularities arose during pregnancy.Under the control of the device by means of ultrasound in these terms it is possible to obtain for genetic studies of biological material, such as amniocentesis (taking a sample of amniotic fluid) and trophoblast biopsy (taking a sample of cells that form the placenta).
Focus on ultrasound in the second trimester, you can get:
- if you express the desire to pass a voluntary pre-natal examinations;
- if the passage of the previous survey were obtained unstable results or results caused any concerns with a doctor;
- if the passage of the usual control examination in the antenatal clinic have found any suspicious symptoms, such as functional (isthmic-cervical) incompetent cervix, or too high a level of amniotic fluid.
ultrasound in the third trimester of pregnancy
Held between the thirty-second week and childbirth.Passage of ultrasound diagnosis at such timing is necessary if:
- lead your pregnancy doctor thinks that your child's size is smaller than it should be at this stage of pregnancy;
- sizes too large for child birth in a natural way, or if the presentation of the Child - pelvic, iehead up;
- you started bleeding and there is a suspicion of improper attachment of the placenta.
Quite often passing ultrasound examination on the above terms helps to make the right decision about the method of delivery - either naturally or by Caesarean section.
So to summarize.With the help of ultrasound screening trimester of pregnancy physicians a unique opportunity to prevent the occurrence of serious complications during pregnancy, and the ability to anticipate the emergence of complex situations and to develop a methodology for their permission in advance.Many expectant mothers are afraid to undergo an ultrasound examination because of the negative reviews about the dangers of the procedure.However, pregnant women are still better implement the recommendations of the doctor, leading their pregnancy, and take a survey, because in any case, proven benefits of ultrasound diagnosis is much higher than the risks.And with the passage of recommended examinations in pregnant women are much more likely to birth of a healthy baby is absolutely!